Virtual Podiatry Appointments
With the increase in cases of COVID-19, we want to be extra careful when going out in public. You may be wondering if now is really the right time to see a podiatrist about your foot or ankle problem.
As an Essential Medical Service, Waldron Podiatry remains open to help people. This includes in-clinic appointments.
But we also take your health extremely seriously. We want to help you avoid any unnecessary risk of exposure.
That’s why we’re so excited to offer Virtual Podiatry Consultations as an option for certain types of appointments!
Although not every case can be handled remotely. Virtual consultations are an excellent option for many kinds of foot health related issues. Particularly where an in-person treatment isn’t necessarily required.
What Is Virtual Podiatry?
During a virtual appointment, you and your Podiatrist use video chat to meet, discuss your issue,
and determine the next steps.
You don’t need any special equipment. You don’t need to be physically present in the same location. You can have your appointment from the safety and comfort of your home!
Virtual Podiatry Appointments can work very well for many types of appointments.
Some examples include:
• Initial visual inspections and diagnoses. You can show the Podiatrist your feet over video, talk about your symptoms. You maybe asked to perform some basic tests for your Podiatrist. This can help us arrive at a likely diagnosis, or at least determine what your next steps should be.
• Follow-up appointments. If you’re in the middle of an ongoing treatment plan, a video check-in to examine your feet may be all you really need. We can see how recovery from an injury, infection or pain is going.
• Refills and prescriptions. Virtual appointments are a great option if you just need to refill a prescription, or you need a new prescription for an existing problem.
• Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care or feet and want answers from a real Podiatrist? Virtual Podiatry is by far the easiest way to do it.
If your appointment does not require an in-person procedure or diagnostic test, we encourage you to consider a virtual appointment.
Especially if you or someone you live with is considered high risk for complications related to COVID-19.
Call us to find out if we can address your specific needs via virtual health.
How Does It Work?
The good news is that you very likely already have everything you need for a successful, secure, and College of Podiatry approved virtual appointment with one of our Podiatrists.
All you need is;
• A device that can conduct video calls. Most people prefer to use their smartphone. A laptop or desktop computer with a camera and microphone also works well.
• A reliable Internet connection.
• A quiet spot in your home with decent lighting.
We will discuss your concerns, provide an on screen examination and follow up with treatment plan and programme.
All of our appointments are conducted via a secured private link.
This link is sent to your email address with your appointment time and date. At your allocated appointment time, click on the attached link and your video appointment will begin.
The process is very, very easy—either you’ll have to click a link on your device to enter our “virtual waiting room” at the time of appointment, or just wait for a call from us!
Is It Right for Me?
As we said, not all types of foot and ankle problems can be solved through virtual means. Sometimes you may need to attend clinic for a specific treatment.
However, you never know until you ask!
Again, we are doing everything we can to make sure you get the care you need as safely as possible. So if you have a current foot or ankle issue, reach out to us and explain what you’re going through.
If we think a virtual appointment would be a good option for your situation, we’ll talk about it together and help you make a wise decision regarding your care.
If you do need to come in, please rest assured that we are carefully monitoring the evolving situation and taking all the necessary steps to keep our clinic clean, safe, and sterile. That includes disinfecting all areas regularly. We are limiting the number of patients we see at a time. We are wearing protective masks and gloves at all times, and more.
Is It Covered by Insurance?
Virtual Podiatry services have been increasingly covered by insurance companies, especially in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Waldron Podiatry is a registered member with both the Irish Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists as well as The College of Podiatry U.K. We will provide you with a receipt for your treatment which you can issue to your health insurance provider and they will reimburse you.
That said, the extent of coverage may vary according to your specific provider and plan. If you’re unsure, your best bet is to call your provider and ask.